Obtaining the Beautiful Smile You Desire
Getting the beautiful smile you have always dreamed about is possible with the right procedures offered at our dental clinic in North York. The first step in the process is to schedule an initial consultation appointment. When you call for a consultation appointment, our team will try to help determine your needs and will suggest a hygiene appointment in addition to the consultation if you haven’t had this for a while. During the hygiene appointment, not only will your teeth be cleaned, but our hygienist may also give you tips for helping to help keep your teeth clean and healthy in the future. Our hygienist will also inspect you for tooth decay (cavities) and gum disease.
During this initial visit, Dr. Waldman will discuss with you the goals you want to accomplish in regards to your smile. From there, they will conduct a detail examination of your teeth and current issues and problems. In addition, Dr. Waldman will address any concerns you might have, and answer all of your questions. At the conclusion of this visit, Dr. Waldman may have the information she needs to prepare a customized treatment plan or she may request an additional appointment to obtain any necessary x-rays, photos or models to help determine the best treatment options to meet your needs.
There are several different treatments used to transform your smile including:
1. Orthodontic Treatment – This treatment helps move, shift, and realign teeth into their correct positions using either Invisalign or traditional braces. In some cases, removable appliances might also be needed to address jaw problems or issues with a single tooth.
2. Bonding– Tooth coloured composite resins are applied directly to the tooth to address problems with staining, chips and gaps. Some people also use bonding as an intermediate step prior to getting veneers.
3. Porcelain Restorations, Fillings, Crowns, and Veneers – Porcelain restorations are beneficial to correct problems with cracked, broken, misshapen, and badly discoloured teeth, as well as to restore the damageof tooth decay.
4. Tooth Whitening – This treatment is self-explanatory and could involve in-office or at-home treatments to restore the color of the teeth.
5. Dentures – In cases where there in a large number of teeth that need to be replaced either a full or partial denture plate can be made to restore your smile.
6. Bridges–Bridge can be used to replace one or two adjacently missing teeth. A bridge consists of two crowns, one on each end, and the missing tooth or teeth in the middle.
7. Implants – Implants are considered the “gold standard” for addressing problems with missing teeth. Unlike dentures or bridges that sit on top of the gums, implants consist of an anchor, which functions like the root of the tooth and a crown that is secured over the anchor and looks more natural compared other types of restorations.
The first four treatment options are used in cases where the teeth need to be transformed in some manner to achieve your desire results. The last three treatment options are used in cases where the tooth or teeth are no longer present.
The treatments you need to transform your smile will vary based upon your overall dental health. If you have been vigilant in your oral care and visit your dentist regularly, then you may not need as many types of treatments, compared to another person, who hasn’t seen a dentist is several years or longer.
To get the beautiful smile you deserve contact the dental office of Dr. Carol Waldman by calling 416.445.6000 today. Dr. Waldman uses proven and modern techniques to create lasting and magnificent smiles!